1. THOU SHALT NOT pour greases, fats, or oils down any drain.
2. THOU SHALT NOT attach a garbage disposal to your sink for ridding thyself of meat bones, coffee grounds, or other foods that are difficult to biodegrade.
3. THOU SHALT NOT dispose of paints of household chemicals in the drain (yea, verily, THOU SHALT ONLY use disinfectants in small amounts).
4. THOU SHALT NOT dispose of any automobile fluids, be they gas, oil, transmission or brake fluid, grease, or antifreeze, down any drain.
5. THOU SHALT NOT kill the beneficial bacteria in your septic system by rinsing pesticides, herbicides, or any other toxins down the drain.
6. THOU SHALT NOT dispose of any non-biodegradable items in your toilet, be they cigarette butts, hair, dental floss, disposable diapers, cat litter, baby wipes, condoms, or feminine hygiene products.
7. THOU SHALT NOT let water run while washing dishes and thawing frozen foods, and SHALL consider limiting flushes.
8. THOU SHALT NOT run half loads in the dishwasher or washing machine, and SHALL stagger wash loads (NOT none on the Sabbath and then six on Monday.)
9. THOU SHALT NOT use chemicals to clean up your septic system, yea they could harm the septic tank, drainfield, or groundwater.
10. THOU SHALT NOT attach clean water sources, such as footing or sump pumps, to the septic system.